About Me

My photo
I received teaching and engineering degrees and have traveled extensively, living ten years outside the US. I moved from the big city of Houston to a small sleepy community in North Carolina, which has been a tremendous change and a great inspiration for my novels, full of the local color. My time has been filled with writing and helping to physically construct three additions to our former farmhouse. I have a great view of the mountains ten miles away across the broad valley and the sunsets are breathtaking. I am an avid reader of all kinds of mystery and contemporary fiction.

Sunday, June 24, 2012

2005 Nuit-Saint-Georges Wine Review


2005 Nuit-Saint-Georges Wine Review

This past week I opened a bottle of 2005 Nuits-Saint-Georges Clos Saint-Marc Premier Cru and I was glad I did. I've heard so many wine reviewers talk about chewing the wine, but never knew what they meant until now. When I tasted this pinot noir wine, it was like my whole mouth came alive for the first time with a wine. It had the perfect balance of the essential elements, well balanced could not begin to describe it. It was perfect. I have tried a lot of French burgundies, but this one was exceptional. It was a dark red wine with the aroma of dark berries. It made a perfect complement to my salmon dinner. If I ever get enough money, I would definitely buy more.

No comments:

Post a Comment