About Me

My photo
I received teaching and engineering degrees and have traveled extensively, living ten years outside the US. I moved from the big city of Houston to a small sleepy community in North Carolina, which has been a tremendous change and a great inspiration for my novels, full of the local color. My time has been filled with writing and helping to physically construct three additions to our former farmhouse. I have a great view of the mountains ten miles away across the broad valley and the sunsets are breathtaking. I am an avid reader of all kinds of mystery and contemporary fiction.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Super Heroes

Super Heroes

Last week we went to see "The Avengers" and I can't keep thinking about it. I had to wait until the crowds had disappeared. Along with my husband, the only other people in the theater were a woman and her son. It was great.

I think that all the characters were cast perfectly. I'm not a big Robert Downey Jr. fan, but I do think that he played his role well. Probably like that in real life. My favorites have always been Thor and Captain America. Call me a softie for the patriot in Captain America and the long hair and hammer of Thor.

I think we need more heroes and heroines in real life, those who come from the working class. I am partial for engineers since I am a mechanical engineer. My heroine in my books, "Murder by the Clock" and "Murder in Emerald Hills," Rachel Christie, is a mechanical engineer turned private investigator sympathetic to the downtrodden and overcomes many obstacles.

No comments:

Post a Comment