About Me

My photo
I received teaching and engineering degrees and have traveled extensively, living ten years outside the US. I moved from the big city of Houston to a small sleepy community in North Carolina, which has been a tremendous change and a great inspiration for my novels, full of the local color. My time has been filled with writing and helping to physically construct three additions to our former farmhouse. I have a great view of the mountains ten miles away across the broad valley and the sunsets are breathtaking. I am an avid reader of all kinds of mystery and contemporary fiction.

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Review of 1999 Vosne-Romanee 1er Cru Les Malconsorts


Review of 1999 Vosne-Romanee 1er Cru Les Malconsorts

After opening this bottle of 1999 Vosne-Romanee by Charles Thomas, I smelled the aroma of blackberries. Every time I open a bottle of French burgundy, the aroma captivates the senses. I love the smell of the berries and earth. I had this wine with chicken and roasted potatoes. I know most people would think that red wine does not go with chicken. The right pinot noir, in my opinion, can be paired with the the right food as long as one knows the wine and the food.

I've read reviews where 1999 Vosne-Romanee 1er Cru Les Malconsorts by Charles Thomas should be drunk after 2014. However, this wine was fantastic with dinner tonight. Also, I read that people had opened this wine several times and it was corked, a funny taste. I don't know what happened to this person's wine, but we keep our wine in a constant 60 degrees Fahrenheit and nothing has happened with this wine. The cork has always been in good shape and the wine has always tasted good. We have a half dozen other bottles and will drink them within the next few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment