About Me

My photo
I received teaching and engineering degrees and have traveled extensively, living ten years outside the US. I moved from the big city of Houston to a small sleepy community in North Carolina, which has been a tremendous change and a great inspiration for my novels, full of the local color. My time has been filled with writing and helping to physically construct three additions to our former farmhouse. I have a great view of the mountains ten miles away across the broad valley and the sunsets are breathtaking. I am an avid reader of all kinds of mystery and contemporary fiction.

Friday, April 6, 2012

Lilacs Aroma Sweet but Sickening



Lilacs are wonderful and aromatic when placed near a walkway or in a location where you walk. Have you every tried to cut some and put them into a vase? Well, I have. If you put them on a dining room table, be prepared to get a strong whiff of fragrant flowers that will overcome your sense of smell. The aroma is strongest right after they have been cut. It will linger for a long time. I know that, with me, it was hard to breathe being near them. The fragrance was overpowering. After a while, the fragrance dispersed into the room or maybe I just became accustomed to the smell. I only know that the best place for lilacs is on the bush in the open air and not on a table in an enclosed room.

No comments:

Post a Comment