About Me

My photo
I received teaching and engineering degrees and have traveled extensively, living ten years outside the US. I moved from the big city of Houston to a small sleepy community in North Carolina, which has been a tremendous change and a great inspiration for my novels, full of the local color. My time has been filled with writing and helping to physically construct three additions to our former farmhouse. I have a great view of the mountains ten miles away across the broad valley and the sunsets are breathtaking. I am an avid reader of all kinds of mystery and contemporary fiction.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Gun Permit

For many years I was a person who really didn't like guns. It wasn't that I wasn't around guns growing up. My father and brother were always going hunting, bringing home food to eat. Those were rifles and shotguns. Back then they didn't think about guns as protection but as means of obtaining food and having a bond between father and son.

Today, my mind about guns is changing. Times are hard and successful women are put in dangerous positions. Tuesday I am going to the sheriff's department to apply for a gun permit. I went to the local gun store on Friday and was shown several pistols. I held the gun in my hand and was careful to always point it away from anyone. I am very much aware of the dangers involved in owning a gun.

I have pretty  much decided which gun I want to purchase, but will wait until this week to formalize the purchase.


No comments:

Post a Comment