About Me

My photo
I received teaching and engineering degrees and have traveled extensively, living ten years outside the US. I moved from the big city of Houston to a small sleepy community in North Carolina, which has been a tremendous change and a great inspiration for my novels, full of the local color. My time has been filled with writing and helping to physically construct three additions to our former farmhouse. I have a great view of the mountains ten miles away across the broad valley and the sunsets are breathtaking. I am an avid reader of all kinds of mystery and contemporary fiction.

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Review of Bonnes Mares Grand Cru




Review of Bonnes Mares Grand Cru

Today was a day for family get togethers and, for me, a chance to drink one of the many fine fines that come from France. The 2002 Bonnes Mares Grand Cru by the vintner Laurent Roumier was gone in no time.

From the minute the bouquet of the wine filled my senses, I knew this purchase was a wise investment. The scent was full of aroma of dark fruit with a very dark color in appearance. It was a heavy meaty burgundy wine with a full body and heavenly taste. It was fantastic. And that was before I even tried it with dinner. It complemented the peppercorn beef tenderloin with its heavy peppery taste.

When I first bought this wine, it was the suggestion of a woman in France whose husband was native to the Nuit St. Georges area and knew much about the wine of the region. Lately, I have seen the 2009 and 2010 year of this wine hailed as a superb vintage. After drinking this wine, I may invest in the good wine years by this vintner. I am, also, glad that I have three more bottles of this wine to savor in the coming years.

No comments:

Post a Comment