About Me

My photo
I received teaching and engineering degrees and have traveled extensively, living ten years outside the US. I moved from the big city of Houston to a small sleepy community in North Carolina, which has been a tremendous change and a great inspiration for my novels, full of the local color. My time has been filled with writing and helping to physically construct three additions to our former farmhouse. I have a great view of the mountains ten miles away across the broad valley and the sunsets are breathtaking. I am an avid reader of all kinds of mystery and contemporary fiction.

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Thoughts of Sunsets


Thoughts of Sunsets

Yesterday and today have both been that type of a day when I feel like closing all the windows and thinking happy thoughts. Cloudy, rainy days, to me, are depressing. And, especially, rainy days in October. The yellows, oranges and reds are beautiful. However, the tree just outside my window has those dull yellow leaves that are quickly turning a dead brown color. I don’t like depressing thoughts. My mind is sluggish and I don’t feel like writing, so what do I do? I close my window and turn my computer to the file of sunset pictures I took last month. They are beautiful. I’m now rejuvenated and ready to start the day anew.





No comments:

Post a Comment